Sunday, October 12, 2008

What we Have Learned so Far

We are over a third of the way through our no spend month. We have learned a lot about ourselves already.

  • No spend is easier to stick to than a budget or minimal spend and much easier than we thought it was going to be.
  • Eating out must have been really bad for us, because I now want to be cheddar cheese on everything. I think my body is trying to make up for all of the grease.
  • Even if I do put cheddar cheese on everything, it's still healthier than eating at Denny's
  • I am forming a new outlook on the stuff in my house. I'm longing to declutter my house. I don't as much of a need to hold onto stuff. I thought that the opposite would happen, but I think I'm figuring out what I really value and don't want the rest invading that space.
  • Darren has given up soda at work. He told me that no spend is no spend and that should include soda. He is now drinking one cup of coffee on his way to work. That is a lot fewer empty calories.
  • I'm thinking a lot more about where I spend my money. It's starting to seem worth it to support stores with my purchases rather than just buy things cheaply.
  • Part of me wants to knit every yarn in my stash before buying new yarn. This scares me, but it's an interesting idea.

No comments: